By: Elsa Booras
November is officially here and it is shaping up to be a busy month here at Motion PR. We have a ton of exciting client events, from art exhibitions circus shows and food festivals. There are so many we just couldn’t keep them to ourselves and we hope to see you at a few!
- Central Lakeview Merchants Association invites you to make a dinner reservation for a free African-style meal on Wednesdays at Bolat African Cuisine, located on 3346 N. Clark St. in Lakeview. Up until late December, guests will have the opportunity to experience authentic African cuisine free-of-charge. Check out the menu here.
- Every Wednesday from October 29 – December 24
- The greatest show on Earth is back in town in a big way with Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus Presents Legends– a family-friendly event featuring mythical creatures of the past. A unicorn, a woolly mammoth and a Pegasus are sure to make your night filled with fantasy and fun!
- November 6-16 Allstate Arena
- November 19-30 United Center
- Ever dream of being in the driver’s seat (or passenger) in a 400+ horsepower luxury car? With events all across the nation, Xtreme Xperience is giving you the chance to experience three laps at a world-class race track. Unsure of what to expect on the track? Participants will learn the safety basics and racing fundamentals as well as feedback from a pro instructor to ensure confidence while taking the wheel. So, let’s get that adrenaline pumping and hit full throttle! With more events coming in December, this opportunity also makes a great holiday gift.
- November 6 Atlanta, GA
- November 9-10 Birmingham, AL
- November 20-23 Tulsa, OK
- Sandro Miller presents his newest exhibit Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich: Homage to Photographic Masters exclusively at the Catherine Edelman Gallery located on 300 W. Superior St. The exhibit will pay tribute to classic icons and famous historical portraits such as American Gothic, Albert Einstein and many more.
- November 7 – January 31, 2015
- Red Bull Art of Can is a nationwide hunt for creativity where artists are asked to conceptualize and create pieces of art using only Red Bull cans as their primary material. After viewing hundreds of submissions a panel of six judges have selected thirty to be placed on display in a premium art exhibition in downtown Chicago. View the gallery, mingle with fellow art lovers, and place your vote for the “People’s Choice Award.”
- November 7-16, M-F 7 a.m.-10 p.m., Sat 9 a.m-10 p.m., Sun 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Looking for a little taste of the French culture? The International French School,Lycée Français de Chicago, announces
its 10th Annual French Fall Market! The event includes 75 vendors featuring authentic French cuisine and an art and craft center for the whole family. Keep the kids occupied in the supervised children’s pavilion while you get some early holiday shopping done.
- November 7-9 Friday 7 to 10 p.m., Sat 10 to 5 p.m., Sun 11 to 4 p.m.
- Urbanbelly proudly announces its very first Ramenfest at bellyQ! Come hungry (and thirsty!), 21 chefs will be preparing all the ramen you can eat at this three-hour festival, along with a drink station. Tickets have sold out quickly and proceeds will benefit Common Threads – a non-profit that focuses on educating students about different cultures through food and art.
- November 8 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Veterans’ Day is just around the corner and NVAM will begin showcasing its “100 Faces of War” exhibition. This exhibit will feature portraits and words of American soldiers who served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. The opening reception is free and open to the public.
- November 11 – May 1
- Michael Best & Freidrich LLP brings you an employment breakfast briefing series focusing on an immigrant update for employers. The two-hour seminar will give participants the opportunity to hear about U.S. immigration issues, new developments and a Q&A session. Employers, human resources professionals, and business owners are strongly encouraged to attend.
- November 11 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m
- Black Friday is just around the corner! Get your holiday shopping done at Simon Premium Outlets. Opening on Thanksgiving, the sales will continue on until late Friday night. These are deals you won’t want to miss!
- November 27- 28 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.